Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Site mocks baby Trig Palin and families facing Down's Syndrome

** Updated! This site has been (mercifully) taken down. Please continue to speak up against truly offensive attacks! **

I refuse to link to it, but I discovered a site today which is entirely dedicated to mocking baby Trig Palin as 'retarded' and uses profane language to describe not just Governor Palin, but children with Down's Syndrome and their parents.

As Americans, we enjoy the right to free speech - but this clearly falls under any reasonable definition of 'hate speech' - it is "designed purely to degrade people with disabilities." I urge people of all stripes to speak out against it - Domains by Proxy of Scottsdale, Arizona is the web host and you can complain to:

Domains By Proxy, Inc.
retardedbaby.com@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains By Proxy, Inc.
14455 N Hayden Rd #219
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
480-624-2599

Folks, vote for McCain, Obama, or Snoopy - backers of any or all candidates must unequivocally condemn this kind of attack. Thank you.

2 comments:

~Jordyn said...

I will do everything I can to complain. I have a sister with Cerebral Palsy and a little cousin with Down syndrome and I for one find the hateful comments towards Trig despicable and completely appalling!!!

I was actually on a forum the other day that was supposed to be for McCain/Palin and one to the posters said that she was actually disgusted that Sarah would have Trig knowing that he was Down syndrome and claimed that Sarah should have aborted him.

I know there is no use arguing with people who think like that so I didn't try, but I was so mad when I read that I nearly cried.

I'M TIRED OF THE HATE!!!

Anonymous said...

it seems they are at it again

http://retardedbaby.net